Thursday, March 24, 2011

Excluding jars from a Grails generated war file

Yesterday, I posted about how to upgrade hibernate versions in grails. This solution worked great for me locally. (i.e. using run-app) But we were still getting weird issues in our staging environment. It's not uncommon for this kind of thing to happen, and I used my local tomcat setup to try and nail down the problem. When I cracked open the WAR, I found two version of hibernate, 3.3.1 and 3.3.2. Upon closer inspection of the problem, it turned out to be the same original issue I had upgraded Hibernate to fix, somewhat hidden by some additional 'noise' in the log file. I tried about 10 different things to get the war to generate correctly, until I stumbled onto this blog post:

Grails gives you the option to declare a closure to modify the war resources. I added the following to the top of my buildConfig.groovy, and it fixed the issue:

grails.war.resources = { stagingDir ->


David E. Jacobs said...

thanks!and go on! love it!

srini dutt said...

This should be in the correct location. the correct location is after the tag grails.project.fork ={.......}

duyen kull said...

The war between humans, orcs and elves continues tank trouble . Lead your race through a series of epic battles, using your crossbow to fend off foes and sending out units to destroy castleshappy wheels . Researching and upgrading wisely will be crucial to your success! There are 5 ages total and each one will bring you new units to train to fight in the war for you cause.earn to die game Whatever you do, don’t neglect your home base because you cannot repair it and once it is destroyed, you lose! Age of War is the first game of the series and really sets the tone for the Age of War games earn to die for you. Also try out the Age of Defense series as it is pretty similar.
In this game, you start at the cavern men’s age, then evolvetank trouble game! There is a total of 5 ages, each with its units and turrets. Take control of 16 different units and 15 different turrets to defend your base and destroy your enemy.
The goal of the game also differs depending on the level. In most levels the goal is to reach a finish line or to collect tokens. Many levels feature alternate or nonexistent goals for the player. The game controls are shown just under gold mine. Movement mechanisms primarily include acceleration and tilting controls.
It consists of a total of 17 levels and the challenge you face in each level increases as you go up. unfair mario The game basically has a red ball that has to be moved across the various obstacles in its path to the goal.

Denisa Cretu said...

The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful.

dong dong23 said...

hermes bag
burberry outlet
nike air max
canada goose outlet
ugg outlet
jordan shoes
canada goose jackets
coach factory outlet
abercrombie outlet
burberry outlet online
polo ralph lauren outlet
nfl jerseys wholesale
pandora jewelry
celine handbags
golden state warriors jerseys
christian louboutin sale
uggs sale
tiffany outlet
abercrombie kids
louis vuitton handbags
ugg sale
hermes handbags
coach outlet
louis vuitton handbags
true religion uk
nike roshe run
coach outlet online
polo ralph shirts
coach outlet store online
ralph lauren
polo shirts
nike outlet
los angeles clippers jerseys
michael kors handbags
cheap uggs
rolex watches
rolex submariner watches
seattle seahawks jerseys

for IT the said...

Great step by step solution, thanks for the help!

Hibernate Online Training | Java Online Training | Java EE Online Training

Spring Hibernate Online Training | Hibernate Training in Chennai Java Training Institutes

for IT the said...

Hibernate Online Training Hibernate Online Training Hibernate Training in Chennai Hibernate Training in Chennai Java Online Training Java Online Training

Hibernate Training Institutes in ChennaiHibernate Training Institutes in Chennai Java Online Training Java Online Training Java Online Training Java Online Training

for IT the said...

Java Training Institutes Java Training Institutes Java EE Training in Chennai Java EE Training in Chennai Java Spring Hibernate Training Institutes in Chennai J2EE Training Institutes in Chennai J2EE Training Institutes in Chennai Core Java Training Institutes in Chennai Core Java Training Institutes in Chennai